Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Mountains Simply Exist


"The secret of the mountain is that the mountains simply exist, as I do myself: the mountains exist simply, which I do not. The mountains have no "meaning," they are meaning; the mountains are. The sun is round. I ring with life, and the mountains ring, and when I can hear it, there is a ringing that we share. I understand all this, not in my mind but in my heart, knowing how meaningless it is to try to capture what cannot be expressed, knowing that mere words will remain when I read it all again, another day."

- Peter Matthiessen (1927 - 2014)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a super nice blog! The black and white complements the water very well! I don't have my actual photo's up on my blog but when they are would you mind checking them out? Thank you for reading!